KL comes alive at night – bright lights, bars, pubs, clubs, rooftop DJ parties – everything!
While traveling abroad, we make sure to take a time off from our unvarying voyage & cut us some slack! And to ensure it nothing becomes more opportune than a night club or pub. Kuala Lumpur has an extra ordinary night life but it’s quite diverse from what we’ve imagined.
We’re all about the nightlife and we would’ve been fools to not immerse in this one! All we had to do is visit the party hub of the city – TREC Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia which literally stands for Taste, Relish, Experience & Celebration. How major is that? Wish Dhaka had a segment like that!
To top it off, we couldn’t go to just any club right? Come on, we need the best of the best . So, we decided to hit Asia’s most iconic super club, the VIP exclusive spot – Zouk KL.
Zouk KL (436, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur | Largest Club in KL)
is an immersive experience, no wonder the establishment has a swarm of awards and accolades under its name! Especially this branch – due to its unique and innovative design. International artists like Tiesto and Martin Garrix often come to play here, too often! So no wonder it’s named the best club in Asia by famous magazines!
The concept is simple but varied to give clubgoers an extensive experience- the club is segmented into 11 different compartments and some of those are:
- Main Room- The heart of the club Maximum LED lights in a room, electronic music, futuristic design and of course hardcore clubbing
- Imperial- Malaysia’s most exclusive playground, fitted with bohemian furnishings, equipped with rare drinks and plays the best beats
- Ace – For the youth, featuring hip-hop and indie beats with an island bar at the center of the room
- Beer Garden – The ideal place for pre-party drinks
- Zouk Cafe Bar – The ideal pit stops for food and drinks before hitting the dance floor
- Phuture – Aimed at the fun-loving, cosmopolitan crowd! A futuristic setting with “Tron” vibes.
- Velvet Underground – For the fashion-conscious crowd, the créme de la créme of the society go here. Aesthetically designed in pastel blue and pink
- The Member’s Lounge, of course for the paid members.
- Apex Lounge – A laidback section with a view of the vibrant city
- Balcony Deck- With a view of the Royal Selangor Golf Club and a smaller crowd! so, its the perfect getaway from the electric party
Each room of Zouk Kuala Lumpur, has to be entered separately and boasts a separate theme. The idea is pretty ambitious but it turns out, it’s a hit! Main Room, Phuture and Velvet Underground are original concepts and they are famous worldwide!
They boast a nightclub, bar, live music, venue, restaurant, lounges and more and it’s extremely accommodating with the highest degree of hospitalities. They even have themed party nights – Wednesday’s “Mambo Jumbo” is for retro music and Tuesday’s “Ghetto Heaven” is for hip-hop!
How to get there?
Simple! Take a taxi because finding parking might become somehow troubling! It’s only a 10-minute ride from Pavilion KL, Imbi monorail station as well as Kuala Lumpur City Centre LRT train station.
Zouk has three entrances – you can get in from any one of them and entry fees vary by time of day. At night, we found it to be 50 RM which include a single complementary drink.
So , in conclusion whether you like loud electronic music with an LED visual and audio experience amongst a lot of people or a quieter ambience to enjoy a smoother scenic form of entertainment, we suggest visiting Zouk Kuala Lumpur because Kuala Lumpur night life will make sure you to have a great time!
We had tonnes of fun there and here’s a few snaps from out lit experience!
To know more about our travel experiences, click here: TRAVEL BLOGS BY RUSTEAZ